CLC Chair and LCiGB Bishop Tor B shares Bishop Munib Younan's message: A Cry from Jerusalem, "I read this as a prophetic message opening a window for a alternative way to approach the destructive escalation of violence and hatred." "If only the world leaders would invest half as much money and energy into peacemaking as they invest in war. It is time to end violence over the Holy Land," says Munib Younan, Bishop Emeritus of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Jordan and the Holy Land. Read his full message here. Photo: LWF/Romans Wong
News from the CLC and its Member Churches
- CLC celebrates its 75th Anniversary and Reformation Day on October 31st, all livestreamed on CLC's Facebook page.
- Welcoming Sharon as Chaplaincy Assistant for CLC Student Chaplaincy, focusing on youth work and international students.
- Introduction of Bolanle, who joins ILSC Student Chaplaincy for an internship.
- Rev. Joseph Nelson shares his experience participating in a CPCE consultation on "Christian Speaking of God".
- Archbishop Urmas Viilma highlights the long-standing partnership between the Church of England and the Estonian Evangelical Lutheran Church.
- Information about the Bill Snelson Young Ecumenists Fund.
- Upcoming safeguarding training by CLC's safeguarding advisor, Simon Bass.
- Weekly Eucharist Services at CLC's office.
- 'Lutherans Inclusive' monthly gatherings for LGBTQ+ Christians.
- Details about the Christmas Fairs in London.
- An ecumenical service at St Georges involving German Lutheran and Catholic Churches in London.
- Bach Vespers with Reformation Cantata performance at St Anne's Lutheran Church.
On October 31, the CLC celebrated its 75th anniversary at the office with some greetings and panel discussions, and also at the Norwegian Church, inviting Lutherans and our friends together for the Reformation Day Service. Please see the video recordings of the events here. The CLC's 75th Anniversary, Part I The Council of Lutheran Churches (CLC) is marking its 75th Anniversary and celebrating Reformation Day on Tuesday, October 31st. The celebration statrs in the office at 11am (46-48 Webber St, SE1 8QW). https://www.facebook.com/counciloflutheranchurches/videos/987859085614408 The CLC's 75th Anniversary, Part II Interviews with past and present people of the CLC: history, student chaplaincy, present activities and future developments. https://www.facebook.com/counciloflutheranchurches/videos/1115078582792059
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Stay informed about our activities and subscribe to the Newsletter. We are sending information about the Council of Lutheran Churches and its member churches usually once a month.