Student Chaplain – Council of Lutheran Churches
Part-time (18.5 hours per week)
We are looking for a part-time Student Chaplain (working 18.5 hours/week) based in London to provide pastoral care for students in partnership with colleagues in the CLC, St Mary’s German Lutheran Church and student chaplains employed by other Lutheran Churches.
Central to this work will be to offer a ministry of hospitality to a diverse group of students from many different Christian traditions and other faiths, and helping build a sense of community amongst them.
Our perfect applicant will be someone who is;
- A graduate, ordained in the Lutheran church (or in a church in full communion with a Lutheran national church);
- Experienced in organising and leading church services, preaching effectively and organising appropriate guest preachers and musicians;
- Able to demonstrate an aptitude in providing pastoral care to young people with the discretion such support requires;
- Equipped with excellent inter-personal, oral and written communication skills;
- Committed to diversity and equality and able to relate positively to people from a wide range of backgrounds, ethnicity, sexual orientations, gender identities and of all faiths and none;
- Committed to safeguarding and prepared to undertake and pass appropriate safeguarding training.
For any questions about the role itself, please contact our current Student Chaplain, Sarah Farrow, at firstname.lastname@example.org who will be happy to help.
To apply, please email your CV to; email@example.com
St. Anne’s Lutheran Church (London) Administrator
Part-time (16 hours per week)
Salary £10,240 per annum (£24,000FTE)
Commencement of Position 6 September 2021
Closing date for applications 15 August
Role and Responsibilities
St Anne’s Lutheran Church was founded in London after World War II. Our congregation is comprised of worshippers from the United Kingdom, the United States, Germany, the Nordic and Baltic countries, Tanzania, Australia and many other countries. We have weekly worship services and other special events.
The Administrator for St Anne’s Lutheran Church (SALC) proactively supports the Pastors, Trustees and the congregation. The successful applicant will be responsible for the day-to-day management and function of the vestry office for our congregation, which worships in the City of London at St Mary-at-Hill (London EC3R 8EE).
The administrator would be expected to provide support and assistance with church policies and procedures, as well as with systems and operations that ensure the excellent administration necessary to the effective functioning of the church.
The work includes accurate and timely management of day-to day financial transactions, bookkeeping systems and congregational record-keeping, as well as administrative support for worship services and church events.
Attendance at the church office is required once a week, otherwise the role may be worked flexibly by agreement.
You will be highly organised with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. IT literacy and numeracy are also essential.
Full job description and person specification available by contacting:
firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing addressed to:
Timo Lehtonen, Trustee
St Anne’s Lutheran Church
London EC3R 8EE.
Email applications are encouraged in order to reduce delays. SALC is committed to promoting inclusion and diversity in its recruitment. We welcome applications from any background.